Online Outreach has become an essential part of your church growth toolbox.
Everybody has a smartphone in their pocket these days and paired up with a number of free apps and tools, this portable technology has given pastors and church admins unprecedented ways to create compelling content and broadcast their message all over their communities.
The more time you spend reaching out to people online, the more often you will be found, so here are 13 free things you can do right now to help with your online outreach.
- In the small town I live in, Facebook is currently ruling the social media game. However, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Twitter, and Alignable are all gaining in popularity. Open an account on each platform and make sure you set up a Facebook business page for your church. A lot of people will look at the church Facebook page before they look at the church website these days.
- People always are curious about what the staff does in the office during the week. Shoot a quick behind-the-scenes video of what you do every day at your church and post it on your social media pages. Don’t worry about making it movie quality. Just show people what you do and the services you are getting ready for God’s people.
- Make sure you put captions on your online pictures that emphasize your best internet keywords.
- Write a blog post once a week and post links to it on your social media pages
- Use eye-catching graphics on your blog posts and feature those graphics on Social media.
- Post before and after pictures. This is especially helpful before and after you changed decorations or a set design.
- Update your information on Google, Yelp, Linked In, and so-on on a regular basis
- Ask church members to leave an online review
- Post positive church reviews on social media.
- Develop an email drip assimilation campaign on Mail Chimp and send out regular updates to church members. If you need help developing a church email machine, give us a call.
- Create a freebie giveaway like a downloadable e-book or devotional. Create a way on your webpage for people to ask for this free resource. Get their email address and then follow up with a drip campaign that lets then know about the church.
- Join Facebook groups that are specific to your area and post often about news and events at your church.
- Write a blog on another website and link it back to your own website. Off to let another pastors write on your blog as well. Do you have a media or tech article you’d like to share here at ministry Ablaze? Send me (Mark) an email at email@example.com. I’d love to review it! Posting on each other’s blogs can help everyone involved!
If you need help with your small church digital outreach, we are here for you! Give us a call today to schedule a free consultation!